On 2021-04-08 10:22, Giacomo Tesio wrote:

No, David,

On April 8, 2021 3:00:57 PM UTC, David Brown <da...@westcontrol.com> wrote:

(And yes, I mean FOSS here, not just free software.)

you are not talking about Free Software, but Open Source.

FOSS, as a term, has been very successful to spread confusion.

his attitudes and behaviour are not acceptable by
modern standards and are discouraging to developers and users in the
FOSS community.

In fact, I'm actively looking for alternatives to GCC (and LLVM) because I cannot trust a
GCC anymore and I cannot review each and every change.

I won't contribute my port and in general will suggest people to look for alternatives.

I've had some luck with the compiler offerings from Intel and Microsoft and I understand IBM has a compiler, and of course there's Nvidia's offerings (formerly PGI).

But that's not a problem for you, because you do not actually care about real developers and users, just about the US corporations you effectively mentioned and now control
several GNU projects:

someone in the public relations
department at IBM, Google, Facebook, ARM, or other big supporters of
the project will get the impression ...

As you explained, GCC itself is completelly controlled by few US corporations with
strong and long term ties with the US DoD.

For sure, it's a big software. And a big threat to everybody outside the US.

Thanks for coming out.

Giacomo