On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 14:59 Alexandre Oliva via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2021, Gerald Pfeifer <ger...@pfeifer.com> wrote:
>
> > When it comes to deciding the direction of a project like GCC -
> technical
> > and otherwise - in my mind it primarily should be those actually
> involved
> > and contributing.
>
> GNU follows the general principle of the Free Software movement, that
> freedom for *users* is the priority.  Assigning *higher* importance to
> developers' preferences is *not* a position I share.

Freedom for users is provided by the licences of the GCC code. Any
particular form of leadership or veneration of the project founder is not
required for that be true. Unless maybe I'm still misreading the four
freedoms, or maybe they are not a proper description of the principles.
Maybe the four freedoms need to be corrected to add this implicit
requirement that association with a particular group is necessary. Could
you look into that please, Alex?