On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 11:14 AM Jose E. Marchesi
<jose.march...@oracle.com> wrote:

> > GCC was created as part of the GNU Project but has grown to operate as
> > an autonomous project.
> >
> > The GCC Steering Committee has decided to relax the requirement to
> > assign copyright for all changes to the Free Software Foundation.  GCC
> > will continue to be developed, distributed, and licensed under the GNU
> > General Public License v3.0. GCC will now accept contributions with or
> > without an FSF copyright assignment. This change is consistent with
> > the practices of many other major Free Software projects, such as the
> > Linux kernel.
> >
> > Contributors who have an FSF Copyright Assignment don't need to
> > change anything.  Contributors who wish to utilize the Developer Certificate
> > of Origin[1] should add a Signed-off-by message to their commit messages.
> > Developers with commit access may add their name to the DCO list in the
> > MAINTAINERS file to certify the DCO for all future commits in lieu of
> > individual
> > Signed-off-by messages for each commit.
> >
> > The GCC Steering Committee continues to affirm the principles of Free
> > Software, and that will never change.
> >
> > - The GCC Steering Committee
> >
> > [1] https://developercertificate.org/
>
> Eer, so you are changing the license of GCC from GPLv3+ to GPLv3 only??

The current, active license in GPL v3.0.  This is not an announcement
of any change in license.

Quoting Jason Merrill:

"GCC's license is "GPL version 3 or later", so if there ever needed to be a
GPL v4, we could move to it without needing permission from anyone."

Thanks, David