Sure Richard, I know.

On June 9, 2021 2:32:22 PM UTC, Richard Biener  wrote:

> You are free to create "DCO-free" branches for the GCC 11 series
> (and older), reverting any DCO "incumbered" backports that reach
> the official GCC branches for those series.

I could.

Like all other people affected by the change.
If they know they should.

But isn't this a responsibility inversion?

I wonder: is this how you treat your users?

"Go fuck yourself" but politely stated?

To be honest, this comes to me as a great surprise.

That's what one would expect by the random guy on github, not by employees
of RedHat or Google serving as the Steering Committee of GCC.

Giacomo