Hi!

On 2021-09-15T02:00:33+0000, "Liu, Hongtao via Gcc" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> I got some feedback from my colleague

Thanks for reaching out to them.

> -----------------
> What we need from GCC
>
> 1. generate SPIR-V
> 2. offload bundler to create FAT object
> --------------
>
> If the answer is yes for both, they can hook it up with libomptarget library
> and our IGC back-end.

OK, I didn't remember Intel's use of SPIR-V as intermediate
representation (but that's certainly good!), and leaving aside the
technical/implementation issues (regarding libomptarget etc. use, as
brought up by Jakub), the question then is: are Intel planning to do that
work (themselves, like for Intel MIC offloading back then), or interested
in hiring someone to do it, or not?

Grüße
 Thomas