On Sun, 13 Nov 2022, Alejandro Colomar via Gcc wrote:

> Maybe allowing integral types and pointers would be enough.  However,
> foreseeing that the _Lengthof() proposal (BTW, which paper was it?) will
> succeed, and combining it with this one, _Lengthof(pointer) would ideally give
> the length of the array, so allowing pointers would conflict.

Do you mean N2529 Romero, New pointer-proof keyword to determine array
length?  To quote the convenor in WG14 reflector message 18575 (17 Nov
2020) when I asked about its status, "The author asked me not to put those
on the agenda.  He will supply updated versions later.".

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com