In message <525192b8.7000...@sky.com>
          Lee Noar <leen...@sky.com> wrote:

> On 06/10/13 14:59, Ron wrote:
> > In message <52515db5.3080...@sky.com>

> >> Try -lOSLib32. You're correct that you need to use -static when linking
> >> so that elf2aif will work. Why it would find OSLib before -static, but
> >> not after, I don't know, but normally, the OSLib library is called
> >> libOSLib32.a.
> >>
> >> Lee.
> >>

> > Sorry, I posted the wrong lib names there.
> > And it is libOSLib32.a and -lOSLib32 that I am using, the same one
> > that comes with gcc4 softfloat download.
> > Now that you've told me that it /should/ be OK with -static, I will
> > continue looking for the cause.
> > I know that it is linking with -lOSLib32 as I was getting a linking
> > error until I put the libOSLib32a inside !SharedLib.libs.lib
>
> You'll also need to use -LOSLib: to tell GCC where the library is;
> this assumes that you've double clicked the SetVars obey file that comes
> with OSLib.
>
> > I'll have to look closer at my use of -static.
>
> I've tried static linking and elf2aif conversion using both the 4.1.2
> and @trunk cross compilers with no errors. I haven't tried the native
> compilers though.
>
> Lee.

Just using plain libOSLib32.a in the command worked fine with a copy
in the source (CSD) directory, so I new it /would/ work once it could
be found.
I followed up the use of -LOSLib:, and found that I had previously
put the supplied OSLib setvars commands in my !GCC.!Run.

Once I changed the path to
Set OSLib$Path <SharedLibs$Dir>.lib.
now
 -LOSLib: -lOSLib32
works fine with -static
Yes, -LOSLib: /is/ needed when static linking, I was lazely thinking
that because non-static was finding the lib then all was well.
I also started off thinking native gcc defaulted to -static so
was slow getting here.

Thanks Ron M.