On 21/11/2020 22:40, Michael Grunditz wrote:
Hi

Is there any way to not get MMap areas from malloc()?

Currently, no, malloc is compiled to use mmap for allocation requests of
256KB (I think) or more, but Unixlib only allows 8 mmap areas to be in
use at one time. If there are already 8 mmap areas in use, then malloc
will use the heap.
I believe that this behaviour was originally intended for 26bit systems
with limited app space, but now I wonder if we should change it so that
malloc always uses the heap (in application space). Any program specifically needing mmap type allocation can use it directly or its own
implementation (as mmap will fail if there already 8 areas in use).

Lee.