On 09/08/2021 17:02, wra1th+gavin wrote:
On 2021-08-09 11:35, Lee Noar wrote:

Can you describe the steps that lead to the error? Does doing the same
above produce a result for you?

OK. Having downloaded the five packages to a separate directory, and having created from them !GCC and !SharedLibs in that directory, I removed the pling from the !SharedLibs in !Boot.Resources and switched off. I switched on, increased the Next Slot to 16Mb, doubleclicked the newly created !GCC and !SharedLibs, and triede compiling helloworld. Same old "Unable to locate GOT of client".

I am stumped. This is with RO5.28 on a Rpi3B+. The 4.7.4-rel5-1 gcc elf binary has 481,180 bytes, as has the 4.7.4-rel5. The 4.7.4-rel3-1 gcc has 481,520 bytes. I am just checking those in case anything got left behind in the download. My download procedure is to download using Chromium in Raspbian and then to FTP from my Raspbian machine to my RISC OS machine.

I shall have to stick with gcc 4.7.4-rel3-1 until the GOT problem is cleared up. I have not been able to compile anything with 4.7.4-rel5(-1).

There's still a couple of things we can try in an attempt to isolate
the problem, if you add -v to your GCC command line we can see at what
stage things fail.
It seems the GCC driver (gcc) is working OK, so it's either the compiler
(cc1), or the linker (ld).

Lee.