Thanks Even, I'll try the 1.6.0 beta.

Even Rouault wrote:
Brent,

Have you tried with GDAL 1.6.0 beta ? Much work has been done in that area and those artifacts should have disappeared and people. See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2627

Le Friday 07 November 2008 00:08:51 Brent Fraser, vous avez écrit :
Has anyone experienced resampling artifacts using gdalwarp?

    I'm using v1.5.2, and with lanczos or cubicspline resampling, I get a
vertical line and a horizontal line of seemingly random pixels about 6
pixels wide running through the center of the output image.

    I'm resampling a 16-bit tif image from 12.5 meters to 200 meters.  The
other resampling methods result in an ok output image.

I've attached a png to illustrate the effect.   I thought I'd ask before
filing a bug report...

Thanks!
Brent Fraser