I need to write multiple images to a NITF file.  I notice on the gdal NITF page
that gdal only writes one image or raster of data to a file.  On another page,
I see that multiple images in a NITF can be read as subdatasets.  Is the
documentation up to date that subdatasets in a NITF file are a read-only
capability? In there any plan to allow the writing of subdatasets?

What's the usual approach for writing multiple images to a NITF from C and
python?  If not gdal, is there some other package that people use?  I looked on
the JITC web site, and it seems like most certified packages are parts of large
systems, not just NITF libraries.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.