Randy wrote:
Hi Frank and list,

 I have a question about field name in OGR:

I read the “IHO transfer standard for digital hydrographic data publication S-57 Edition 3.1-November 2000”,and it tells me that one spatial record should have a “Record name” and its field name is [RCNM].But in ogrinfo ,it gives me a field name-“NAME_RCNM”.

Then, I’d like to know if the ogrinfo’s writer change the field name or it means the [NAME_RCNM] is on the new S-57 version while [RCNM] is just on the old version(3.1 edition)?

Randy,

I always called this field NAME_RCNM so it isn't about what edition it is
from.  I believe it is named this because it is the RCNM extracted from
the NAME field of the feature (FSPT).  I presume it is used to lookup
the RCNM and RCID in the set of spatial records when composing the geometry
for the feature.

Best regards,