Hi,

I'm trying to wrap my head around Geotiff's AREA_OR_POINT=Area versus
AREA_OR_POINT=Point, and how that translates into GDAL.  I've  read the
"PixelIsPoint Raster Space" and "PixelIsArea Raster Space" sections of the
geotiff spec, and tried to find previous posts on the topic with very limited
success (
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/GRASS-Problem-importing-geotiff-with-r-in-gdal-td1879130.html
 ).  Am I correct in interpreting this post to mean that the pixel-is-area and
pixel-is-point tiffs are read the exact same way by GDAL, with the only
difference being in the value of the AREA_OR_POINT metadata key?  Should
viewers then be looking for the "AREA_OR_POINT" key in addition to the
georeferencing information, and shift the display to center the top-left pixel
on (0,0) if it's set to Point?

Thanks,

Gillian Walter
Software Developer
Geospatial Services Inc.
57 Auriga Drive - Suite 201
Ottawa, ON K2E 8B2
Telephone:  (613) 727-1087 #245
Facsimile:  (613) 727-5853
Email:  gwal...@mdacorporation.com

This e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or
confidential information.  Any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail and any attachments for any purposes that have not been
specifically authorized by the sender is strictly prohibited.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and permanently delete all copies and attachments.  The entire content of this
e-mail is for "information purposes" only and should not be relied upon by the
recipient in any way unless otherwise confirmed in writing by way of letter or
facsimile.