Hi Nikos,

I also have difficulty tiling large, high res images with gdal_retile. I would say our average process--a county-wide, 1-foot resolution ECW--takes about a month to run to completion.

At first, tiles are generated with blazing speed. But by the time the routine has been running for about 24-hours, it slows to a crawl. Is this the symptoms you are experiencing or are you running into something else?

I would very much love to get to the bottom of this and find a way to maintain the original performance throughout a tiling routine.

Best, Elijah Robison

nickos85 wrote:
Hi,

I have a mapserver and a high resolution image about 4GB when i make the
image tiles with a size of 512x512 using gdal_retile I have better result
instead of a tile size of 256x256. I think the problem is on how the search
algorithm for the location of the tile can be improoved. Any suggestions?

--Nikos Hatzopoulos