On 06/12/2010 13:15, Even Rouault wrote:
Selon Hermann Peifer<pei...@gmx.eu>:
Even,

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Just to clarify: last week, I compiled revision 21190 from
http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal, configured
--with-libtiff=internal.
Hum OK so there's definitely a bug somewhere. Would be worth opening a ticket if
you had a way of reproducing those errors. Ideally with a smaller shapefile.

Would be interesting to see if it works better with another compression scheme,
let's say DEFLATE.

Thanks for the hint with DEFLATE. And yes, I am working on a 64 bit Debian/Linux system.

As far as I can see: the LZW error only occurred while processing this one file, which also happens to be the biggest out of 231 shapefiles that I am handling in my current task. So it might be difficult to reproduce the error with a smaller file.

1 additional question, as I do not really understand the inner workings of gdal_rasterize:

Does it help at all what I did when trying to reduce the memory demand: to loop through the geometries by some CODE value? Does gdal_rasterize always load *all* the geometries into memory, independent of the -where filter ?

Hermann