On 10-12-07 03:43 AM, iomeneandrei wrote:

Hi Frank,

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

Reviewing the ogr2ogr code I see this does trigger a call to
forceToPolygon()
though *mostly* it exists to set the type of the created layer.  So, yes,
-nlt polygon with ogr2ogr may well do what you want.

I have used this GML file as input:
https://gist.github.com/731590

It contains a multipolygon.

Then I run this command: ogr2ogr -f GML -nlt POLYGON  poly_output.gml
poly_input.gml

The output file contains the same multipolygon. Is it normal?

I'm using FWTools 2.4.7 for Windows.

Andrea,

I tried it with a trunk build and the multipolygon is converted to a polygon.
I suspect the feature of the forcing support is new and if you want it you
would need a reasonably recent development build - more recent than FWTools.

Best regards,