From: Tamas Szekeres [mailto:szeker...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:03 PM
To: Jason Roberts
Cc: Alain Cembro; gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Problem with GDAL Python bindings and ECW format under
Windows

2011/1/25 Jason Roberts <jason.robe...@duke.edu>

Tamas,
Could you improve the Windows GDAL installer, so that it automatically sets
the environment variables (GDAL_DATA and GDAL_DRIVER_PATH), and adds the
GDAL binaries path to the PATH environment variable ?

I will  do some improvements in the installers to make the things easier.
Modifying the environment should only be happen upon the user's request and
shouldn't be done automatically in my opinion. I would create a custom dialog
in the installer where the user can allow this setting to be happen.

Best regards,

Tamas