On 11-06-06 01:27 PM, Bob Pawley wrote:
Hi
I hope this is the right list.
I am attempting to use the FWTools to convert a .dxf file to a PostgreSQL
database.
I am using the following format -
ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG: "host=Remote Host user=postgres dbname=E5R
password=Password p081.dxf
I receive an error message - unable to open datasource ..... with the following
drivers.
The PostgreSQL driver is listed amongst the generated list.
The database is accessible with other tools from this computer.
Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong will be appreciated.

Bob,

For one thing there should be no space between PG: and the rest of the
connection string.  Try:

ogr2ogr -update "PG:host=RemoteHost user=postgres dbname=E5R password=Password" p081.dxf

Best regards,