You should make sure about the actual representation of the raster image,
whether it represents the pixel as floats as you have used float arrays in
the code. The last 2 parameters are used to define the byte offset of the
pixels and lines in the image ( for more info see the
RasterIO<http://www.gdal.org/classGDALRasterBand.html#5497e8d29e743ee9177202cb3f61c3c7>documentation).

Further C# related samples can be found here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/swig/csharp/apps/GDALRead.cs
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/swig/csharp/apps/GDALReadDirect.cs

Best regards,

Tamas