I'm sure I've done something stupid but I've googled for hours and haven't been able to figure this out.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm on Fedora core 14 with gdal 1.7.3.

I setup postgre and created a spatial enabled database with a table that includes geometry.  I can connect using psql mydb.  However when I try ogrinfo -ro PG:dbname=mydb it fails saying no driver found. I'm not sure what's causing this because I can use psql mydb?  The user is my login I'm just using ident as my authentication method for local connections.

Any thoughts?

By the way I am able to use QGIS to connect to the db and display the table but I'd like to run some command line gdal tools.