On 26/10/2011 18:11, Even Rouault wrote:

IMHO, you can't. I've spent some time investigating this issues a few months ago
and my conclusion was that mdbtools was too buggy (and unmaintained), and in
particular not 64bit ready. I tried a few fixes, but finally I gave up. I've
developped the MDB driver that relies on the Jackess Java library to workaround
mdbtools problems and it works quite well (although not particularly fast due to
the invokation of Java code from native code).

Thanks for the quick response. If you didn't get it to work, then I should better not have tried in the first place. Perhaps some warnings for Linux users should be added to http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_pgeo.html (?)

I'll have a look at the MBD driver.

Thanks again, Hermann