I wonder if it would be possible to leverage pstoedit (http://www.pstoedit.net/)? I've used it with Ghostview to extract PDF vectors to DXF (with no georeferencing of course) with varying success.

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

On 12/2/2011 3:37 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
Le vendredi 02 décembre 2011 23:19:10, Jared Rubin a écrit :
Even,
Would it be possible to do an ogr driver to get the vector features (I
guess similar to shape files? Or maybe update the pdf driver to dump  each
indivual vector feature into gdal metadata?
A OGR driver would perhaps be possible. I haven't studied the question
however. And I presume it would represent a significant effort as it would
involve parsing and interpretating the PDF vector stream. Currently, all the
hard work of rasterizing the PDF content is delegated to the poppler library.