Thanks Frank,
I tried as you suggested and it did work.  Thanks for your help.

Best,
Derek

On 3/27/2012 8:50 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
Derek,

Based on the coordinates it seems clear enough that this
is latitude and longitude in decimal degrees.  Based on the
resolution there is little point in worrying about datum so do
something like:

   gdal_translate -a_srs WGS84 in.tif out.tif

After that you should be able to use gdalwarp to
reproject normally as long as you know the coordinate
system you want to go to.

Best regards,
Frank