Hey Tyler!

OSSIM can be a heavy (but useful) raster toolkit, as can OTB. I think there is room in the FOSS4G world for a small GUI app to do raster operations, basically supplying a GUI to gdalwarp, gdal_translate, etc. Kinda like ogr2gui (http://www.ogr2gui.ca) but for raster...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

On 10/12/2012 10:37 AM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
I'd recommend the OSSIM platform which as various additional image processing utilities that you will find useful. If you just need desktop GIS viewing functionality, I suggest QGIS which will read all GDAL image formats fine and provide all of what you talk about.

Tyler

http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/
http://qgis.org

On 2012-10-12, at 5:52 AM, kishore Borra wrote:

Hi All,

we are implementing support of elevation processing of various raster images in a standalone desktop Viewer using opensource.

we are using GDAL library to support performing various operations like hillshade, slope, aspect map & color coded relief.

I would like to know your suggestions on what opensource control can be used as a map control so that I can load various type of processed raster images into it. I need to provide the user with the coordinates readout information and standard zoom In, zoom out & zoom By area operations.

I should also be able to read the elevation info from the displayed raster and display the same in the status bar.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Kishore.

*Tyler Mitchell***