On 12/17/2012 09:14 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
The performance vs size when zooming out is impressive with ECW, but it
does not look like I have ability to create ECW. Are there better
formats then GTif in the list below?
JPEG2000 or MrSID are somewhat similar to ECW.

Hi Even, are there any benchmarks to compare (uncompressed) gtif with the three formats above? My production maps are always tiled to 2000*2000 pixels, all zoomlevels precomputed. Very efficient with uncompresssed gtif, but they take lots of space. How much slower are these formats?

Jan