09.03.2015, 11:18, Even Rouault kirjoitti:
Le lundi 09 mars 2015 08:08:34, Ari Jolma a écrit :
08.03.2015, 23:49, Even Rouault kirjoitti:
Le dimanche 08 mars 2015 22:20:50, Ari Jolma a écrit :

Ari,

Your proposal looks reasonable (but I don't pretend mastering SWIG and
anticipating all side effects) and you can experiment with that if you
wish. Please make sure to test the 4 supported languages. If there are
breakage you don't know how to fix, it will require coordination with me
and Tamas and that should perhaps be done through a ticket with a patch,
or a dedicated branch.
Wouldn't the whole thing be best to be a branch from the beginning.
Yes probably.

I'll do that.

IMO the goal would be to reduce language specific ifdefs from the general bindings, and remove unnecessary typedefs.

For example there are a lot of

#ifndef SWIGJAVA
  %feature( "kwargs" ) CopyLayer;
#endif

Is there a reason keywords arguments are not enabled with -keyword option for languages that support them?

Ari

If I
branch the whole swig tree like this

http://emilsblog.lerch.org/2010/03/working-with-feature-branch-in.html

then it would assumably be quite simple to test all the changes in all
languages.
Yes, I generally branch a whole repository, but a subtree might do too.
Or if you prefer Git, you could fork https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal

I don't know how to test C# and Java bindings. Especially C#
is probably out of what I can do.

Ari

Even