On 2015-10-10 14:06, Even Rouault wrote:

The implementation of ExportToWKT() in GDAL uses 15 decimal figures ("%.15f"
printf formatting) whatever the source precision was, and as you point,
whatever the intrinsic precision of the double value is.

Does "%.15f" have any added value over "%.15g" (in the usual real-life GIS situations, I mean). I also vaguely remember some posting/ticket about "%.15f" versus "%.15g", including a request to partially revert a changeset. This was years ago, and I can't find at the moment.

Hermann