Andrea Borruso wrote:

>thank you very much. I had read that page, but stupidly I did not think
>that "ALTER TABLE tablename ADD [COLUMN] columnname columntype" meant
>strictly that I could only use it in this way.
>My wrong intepretion was that I could use "alter table add" SQL command
>and its variations. But it's only on my my mind.

Hi,

Do you know some database that accepts SQL "ALTER TABLE foo ADD COLUMN bar1,
bar2"? At least SQLite and PostgreSQL don't. That kind of usage is not
mentioned in a bunch of documents about SQL language which I browsed through,
for example http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_alter.asp.

-Jukka Rahkonen-