Hi,

I have depth data from a lake as scattered points and I would like to convert
them into raster DEM.  Unfortunately this lake is not a rectangular, north
oriented one but it has a curvy shoreline and lots of islands. In my first
trials the resulting DEM leaks away from the water to the dry ground. I guess
that some other algorithms than the invdist would give better results near the
shoreline. Generating fake zero depth points on the ground area would probably
help with all the algorithms. However, what I would like to do is to define a
mask layer for telling the valid area for the DEM that will be generated.  Is
that possible somehow? If it is not then other good tricks are welcome. The
good result should have zero depth on the ground and sharp shoreline at correct
place.

-Jukka Rahkonen-