Hi,

I got to understand why WMTS service has so large WGS84 bounding box in
GetCapabilities.  It is because the native EPSG:3067 bounding box is first
converted into WGS84 by using a densified polygon geometry. The
WGS84BoundingBox is then the envelope of this warped polygon. Because of
warping the rectangle gets wider towards the poles. This is logical and the
result does not look so bad in this image

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/2445ea91a8ac7b15bf39

However, if the bounding box goes closer to -90°S or 90°N the distortion gets
bigger.  In our case the maximum latitude is at 83°N and the result it quite
funny

http://latuviitta.org/downloads/WGS84BoundingBox.png

-Jukka Rahkonen-