On Sat, 16 Nov 2019, Even Rouault wrote:

If so, then yes if someone contributes it, that'd be welcome. However I
think we'd want it to be generated from a Python script from the
individual .rst pages, by parsing the directives like "..
supports_create::" that are in those .rst files. That way that would make
maintainance of the summary easier (and initial version less tidious that
doing that manually)

OK, so I've added two new directives

.. built_in_by_default::

or

.. build_dependencies:: put here dependencies name

and just used them on a couple drivers for demo:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/0b3b1ed25bdde6f49a6515e0431d78bc9729ff83

A script that fetches all the information from individual pages
is run automatically at each documentation build and generates a summary table
at
https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/index.html
https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/index.html

Thanks.

The summary table will need some styling.
At the moment I only see the short and and long name columns.
*If* I scroll down to the bottom, then I get a horizontal scroll bar
and can scroll to see that there are more columns.

I get this with Firefox and Opera on Linux and Firefox and IE11 on Win7
(yes I need to get a newer windows virtual machine).

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Kendal, UK
                        and...@aitchison.me.uk