I'm wondering if there are unicode characters that are not properly formated when output to the xlsx or ods files. If the CSV export takes a different export and import path that handles correct conversion, maybe that is not the case for the binary files. I would try to locate 1-2 records from the shp file that cause this problem then submit that to a bug report.

You should be able to apply a where clause to the export to select only a subset of the records when you export.

-Steve W

On 9/12/2020 1:21 PM, Hernán De Angelis wrote:
That was a very good piece of advice. Unfortunately that is apparently not the problem. The CSV imports cleanly in Libreoffice, with the same number of rows (minus title row) as features are in the shp. No trace of misplaced linefeed or carriage return characters. I will have to keep looking for solutions. Thanks anyway!

/H.

On 2020-09-12 18:56, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
Try exporting to CSV and check the that the records do not have any embeded <CR> or <LF> chars. One simple way to do this is to compare the record count of the shp file to the line count of the CSV file. Try importing the CSV file into EXCEL  or Libreoffice and see if it reports a problem. This may give you a better idea of what the problem is.

-Steve W