Dear list,

I'm not a developer, I would just like to use the maps I have on Linux and stay
away from Windows.

I've been trying to import some raster maps into GRASS. Problem is, they are
.ecw files.

If I understood well, GDAL does not support this format natively and has to be
built including specific modules to allow working with these files.

I tried following the instructions here and everything went fine until the
"make" instruction which gives an endless loop.

I could provide you with the output of the "make" command but the resulting
file is over 100 Kb.

Could you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
Kevin