Hi,
https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc34_license_policy.html

As indicated in the top of the RFC, its status is "development" (draft), which here means stalled/non-adopted given that it was proposed long time ago. So there's no runtime mechanism to control license compatibility.

But, I'm worried about something different.  As a packager, I'd like to
know that unless I take the affirmative step of passing --enable-foo,
for any GPLish or proprietary foo, I won't end up with a gdal build
linked with foo just because it happened to be present in my build
environment.

This should normally be the case. One of the few GPL dependencies is Poppler and must be explicitly enabled with --with-poppler . Similarly with MySQL. All proprietary dependencies need also to be explicitly enabled AFAIK (you actually need to point to their SDK).

GEOS (LGPL) is enabled by default is found.

Even

--

http://www.spatialys.com