Ubuntu 21.04 has the option of the gcc-11 compiler suite.
Although not ready for production use on C++ code*,
it includes a static analyzer with the option '-fanalyzer'.

Out of curiosity I tried using this option when building the geotiff driver for 3.3.0; command line and output attempting to build cogdriver.lo available at
   https://www.aitchison.me.uk/GDAL/make.cogdriver.errlog.gcc-fanalyzer.20210515
(terminal colour escape codes may be mangled).

Sadly my C++ isn't up to figuring out whether the analyzer is finding bugs in the code or the code is finding bugs in the analyzer.

*
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2021/01/28/static-analysis-updates-in-gcc-11#what_s_next_for_gcc_11_and__fanalyzer

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Kendal, UK
                        and...@aitchison.me.uk