+1

Daniel

On 2021-06-04 12:24, Even Rouault wrote:
Hi,

We just had a meeting with NumFOCUS staff, and they suggested we should rename the GDAL Advisory Board to something else. The issue is with the Board term which is a legal term and may implicate that it is a deciding body, which it is not. They suggested Council, Committee, as potential alternatives. As committee is already used for the PSC, I think "GDAL Advisory Council" could be a good fit.

If there's no opposition to this, I'll change all references to it on the GDAL website (RFC 80, sponsorship prospectus), and ask for the related mailing list to be renamed/recreated.

Other news: the Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement document, which will make us officialy a NumFOCUS sponsored project, is now in the signing loop.

Even

--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc