I am currently implementing a better file identifier, and during the course
of development, I unintentionally let GDAL try to GDALOpenEx() the attached
trivial CSV file.

First, it reported "Ungridded dataset: At line 3, change of Y direction"
(as a warning to the registered error-handler) and the returned
OGRDataSource* was null.

When I tried again, it then claimed that I was trying to open the same file
recursively. implying that it had, in fact, opened it, even though it never
returned a valid handle, so I wouldn't have been able to close it again
even if I'd wanted to.

I can reproduce the first part with gdalinfo.

This is with GDAL 3.2.2 on Ubuntu 20.04 with GCC 9.

I'll poke at the GDAL code myself when I have a bit more time.

--
<http://www.omnisci.com/>
Simon Eves

Email: simon.e...@omnisci.com | Cell:  +1 (415) 902-1996