-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: matteo <matteo.ghe...@gmail.com>
Lähetetty: tiistai 30. marraskuuta 2021 13.05
Vastaanottaja: Even Rouault <even.roua...@spatialys.com>; Rahkonen Jukka (MML)
<jukka.rahko...@maanmittauslaitos.fi>; gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org
Aihe: Re: [gdal-dev] PGCLIENTENCODING in ogr2ogr (and QGIS)

Hi Rahkonen and Even,

thanks for the answers. If I add -oo PRELUDE_STATEMENTS="SET client_encoding TO
LATIN1" the I get this error:

Warning 6: driver ESRI Shapefile does not support open option PRELUDE_STATEMENTS

and I think it that makes sense because I want to put in a UTF8 DB some
LATIN1 shapefiles.

BTW: the shapefiles have been created with ogr2ogr from within QGIS (on a Linux
computer), opened and edited on QGIS on Windows machines.

Other ideas are more than welcome!

Cheers!

Matteo