Hi Kai,

Le 25/01/2022 à 08:23, Kai Pastor, DG0YT a écrit :
I made an initial attempt on gdal with cmake for vcpkg: https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/pull/22392

Now vcpkg's default is static linkage on Linux and macOS. AFAICT static linkage is not covered very well.

Trying to understand the issue: so the problems you face is when GDAL's dependencies are static libs, and you want gdal.pc, gdal-config or the CMake exported config to keep track all direct and indirect dependencies, right ?

Otherwise, I can do a BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF build currently against dynamic dependencies.

Is it better covered on the autoconf side ? I've some doubts, as this isn't tested by CI. Not saying we can't improve this, but we'll need help from knowledgeable people. (can't you fallback on dynamic linkage for vcpkg?)

Fixing this needs a lot of work either on the find modules, or on getting dependencies to provide exported config. In some cases (e.g. GEOS), config files already exist, but they are neither used

nor a drop-in replacement (target names differ).

Not sure what you mean. Example ?

| including user-facing changes.

Example ?

Even