Hi GDAL devs,

After having just succeeded in getting GDAL to build on macOS using a
non-default CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, I found that gdalinfo fails because it cannot
find gdal.dylib in /usr/lib.  I assume other utilities also fail with the same
error, but I didn’t try them.

Sorry I didn’t copy the exact error message, before I rebuilt GDAL as a static
library ( BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF ), after which of course gdalinfo works fine.

Is it expected that these GDAL utilities (such as gdalinfo) would look for GDAL
in /usr/lib instead of the location in which it was actually built?

Cheers,
Nik.