Hi Even

I have looked at cpl_multiproc.cpp implementation and I believe that I cannot
use multithreading for the mbtiles conversion (even if I define
GDAL_NUM_THREADS)
The compilation of cpl_multiproc.cpp depends on several compilation flags :

·        CPL_MULTIPROC_STUB

·        CPL_MULTIPROC_WIN32

·        CPL_MULTIPROC_PTHREAD

·        CPL_MULTIPROC_NONE

If none of them is defined, then CPL_MULTIPROC_STUB is defined automatically
which means that multithreading is disabled (thread creation does not work).

I am using windows binaries of gdal I get from this site : GISInternals Support
Site<https://www.gisinternals.com/release.php>

It seems that none of these symbols have been defined for this build process

I guess I would have to recompile gdal in order to enable multithreading…

Regards

Christophe