Il 24/11/22 10:55, Andrew C Aitchison ha scritto:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2022, ElPaso wrote:

Hi,

Motion:

Adopt RFC88: RFC69 C/C++ Code Formatting [1]

I have updated the RFC [1] to use pre-commit and I have created a draft implementation of the pre-commit hook and the CI integration with a GH workflow [2].

If adopted, we still have to agree on which coding style to apply (for now I used a clang-format file I've found under gdal/scripts), but the biggest decision is wether proceed with an initial "Big Reformat" or an incremental one, my draft implementation supports both.

Kind regards.

[1] https://github.com/elpaso/gdal/blob/rfc69_cplusplus_formatting-text-only/doc/source/development/rfc/rfc69_cplusplus_formatting.rst [2] https://github.com/elpaso/gdal/tree/rfc69_cplusplus_formatting_revival

I have just tried this on my driver code and am concerned that the
default sets --sort-includes.

[...]

So without tweaking, clang-format is potentially breaking my code.
I fear that we need a project .clang-formats file with atleast
SortIncludes:    false

Good point, added: https://github.com/elpaso/gdal/commit/c54d54d209ce28c2017b3ebb0bcc1d23c5472693

--
Alessandro Pasotti