For future doc readers: https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/9211

Le 07/02/2024 à 20:45, Even Rouault via gdal-dev a écrit :
Scott,

I’m trying to create a JPEG2000 file using the JP2ECW driver, but I’m getting “WriteBlock() not supported…”.  The same code works using the PNM driver.

What am I missing?

This comment in the code https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/0255b1d767bbfc6910d8044e37019f1d1ea5a617/frmts/ecw/ecwcreatecopy.cpp#L1653 which basically says that there's some form of Create() support in the JP2ECW driver but you need to write by scanline from top to bottom. The PNM, GTiff etc drivers implement full random-writing, which is what is required typically for gdalwarp. The workaround is either to modify the way you write the file (if you use the API), or if you use GDAL tools to write to an intermediate format (GeoTIFF) and then gdal_translate to JPEG2000 afterwards.

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com

http://www.spatialys.com