The bbox is created using the xmin,ymin,xmax,ymax found in the geometry. Assuming every pixel can be represented as a geometry, that's your bbox.

On 5/3/24 13:18, Simon Eves via gdal-dev wrote:
Yes, but that's just the corners.

Consider, say, a raster that contains a satellite sweep which is not axis-aligned but forms a "windshield wiper" shape in lon/lat space. The bounding box of ALL the pixels is not just the bounding box of the corners.