Hi Andrew,

no, there's no such support in GDAL itself. That could potentially be done using VRT and pixel functions, but I'm not sure that would qualify as "optimal", and that would require a bit of setup. You're probably better instantiating your for(y: ...) for (x: ...) loop manually with the operation you want to apply

xtensor (https://xtensor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/operator.html) (in a nutshell, this is similar to numpy but in C++) could potentially be used in combination of GDAL, but I don't think we want to drag this dependency in GDAL itself

Even