-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähettäjä: gdal-dev <gdal-dev-boun...@lists.osgeo.org> Puolesta Michal
Kowalczuk via gdal-dev
Lähetetty: keskiviikko 29. toukokuuta 2024 9.08
Vastaanottaja: gdal-dev@lists.osgeo.org
Aihe: [gdal-dev] GDAL WMTS get tiles no documentation

Hi GDAL fellows
This is my first post on this mailing list, so I'm asking for understanding.

As all we know the purpose of using WMTS over WMS, I'd like to implement
parallel downloading tiles from service using C API.
In my opinion GDAL documentation (https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/wmts.html)
says nothing on this topic.
I can get capabilities from WMTS, I can open the selected subdataset but how to
get tiles for given extent? I could not find any information how to do it, even
in the GDAL tests on github.

I am kindly asking for tips. It also can be in python. How using pure GDAL API
fetch tiles to dynamically complete the displayed map. This is my goal.

Thank you!
Michal