On 12/07/2024 16:26, Even Rouault wrote:
Hi,
I hoped that the python bindings in the docker image would be compatible with both numpy 1 and 2, but apparently they're not? Would it be possible to create docker images with bindings that are compatible with numpy2? Or would you rather wait until the official ubuntu numpy package moves to 2.0?

That seems reasonable at first sight (although I'm not totally sure what would happen if you would install and use in the same process other python modules built against numpy 1.x. I assume this works?). If you want to contribute that improvement, I guess this is mostly a matter of pip install numpy==2.0.0 in the builder image before building GDAL

Alright, fair enough. I'm on holidays for the next 3 1/2 weeks, but if nobody picked it up before that, I might pick it up.

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com

Vincent Schut

Remote Sensing Software Engineer

+31 302272679 ~ Maliebaan 22 | 3581CP | Utrecht | Netherlands

Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/company/satelligence/>~ satelligence.com <http://www.satelligence.com><http://www.satelligence.com>