Javier,

I've just advertized bilinear.

For average_mp vs average_magphase, they are indeed different code paths.

My understanding of the code is that:

- average_magphase is only available for the complex data types

- for the complex data types, average_magphase makes sure that the norm of the output pixel is the average of the norms of the contributing input pixels, for each pixel. Whereas average_mp (according to 4d678d358354497813c2933ad1c18a924a3859e3, this stands for Magnitude Preserving averaging) does first standard averaging on the real and imaginary parts, but then multiply both components by gain = standard_deviation_of_input_band / standard_deviation_of_overview_band_before_correction.

- average_mp is also available for the non-complex data types, but then it modifies the output pixels such that output_pixel = (output_pixel_before_correction - mean_of_overview_band_before_correction) * gain + mean_of_input_band.

Feel free to experiment a bit to confirm my reading, and provide doc enhancements. As far as I can see, there is zero regression testing of those 2 methods (they date back to 2001, not sure the autotest framework was available at that time).

Even