Hi,

I've got a chance to have a look at your test dataset. In https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/10477, I've reduced the runtime to 8 minutes (with GeoParquet output, without spatial sorting), by optimizing some implementation details. I believe this could be further reduced as most of the time is still spent in malloc/free of temporary objects (the output is 90 million polygons!) and some objects could be reused, but that would be more extensive changes

Even