Hi all,

I am just curious what the current thought is on compiling with GIO when available.

The only reason I ask is that it (seems to) solve the GVfs bug issues at least after I applied Алексей's patch and for me that is really a huge benefit, but yet I understand the added complexity and maintainability issues.

I was following the other "Safe file saving - permissions issue" thread but it I couldn't tell if a decision had been reached, and it covered a few other topics.

Thanks much.

-Brad

p.s. I know all the arguments against FTP, but sometimes my hands are tied (clients are reluctant to change), despite protest. =)